These No Bake Patriotic Hot Fudge Cheesecake Trifles are a fun recipe to make for summer celebrations.
You may find yourself thinking about what sweet treat to serve for a Memorial Day BBQ or 4th of July party. This is it! These are made as individual servings, and they’re perfectly patriotic.
Everyone loves M&M’s. Everyone! Adding them to dessert is the best idea ever.
You’ll begin to spot the red, white and blue M&M’S in the stores as we approach Memorial Day… but, of course, you can also use the original variety of M&M’S for this recipe too.
How to you make Cheesecake Trifles?
I make my trifles in 4 tall glasses, but here’s a party tip for you: use short plastic glasses for easy clean-up, and you’ll get 8 trifles out of the recipe.
Double the recipe to make 16 easy, grab-and-go desserts for your party! Layer pound cake, M&M’S, cheesecake whipped cream, hot fudge and then start the layering again to fill up the glasses.
The best part about this recipe is that trifles are so EASY to make, and they’re NO BAKE! Who wants to turn on the oven when you’re getting ready for a party?
Use pound cake that you buy from the store. YOu can find it frozen, and you should be able to find it in your store’s bakery section too. Either one is fine to use.
Put your kids in charge of assembling these. Layering goodies in a cup is kind of like an art project, right?
A sprinkling of M&M’S gives these trifles the most festive look possible. The crunch of the chocolatey M&M’S is a perfect pairing with the cake, the whipped cream and the hot fudge. It’s all a sweet, delicious treat that is perfect for your summer BBQs!
Here are a few more trifle recipes you might enjoy:
- Brownie Strawberry Shortcake Trifles by RecipeGirl
- Banana Split Trifles by Julie’s Eats and Treats
- 4th of July Berry Trifles by Recipe Girl
No Bake Patriotic Hot Fudge Cheesecake Trifles
CHEESECAKE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- red, white and blue M&M's (or original)
- prepared pound cake, cut into 1/4-inch squares
- hot fudge, heated briefly to make it easy to stir- but not hot
PREPARE THE CHEESECAKE WHIPPED CREAM:
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and sugar. Add the heavy whipping cream and mix until thick and creamy- about 1 minute.
ASSEMBLE THE TRIFLES:
- You can make 4 good sized individual trifles or 8 smaller trifles (I recommend short plastic cups if you're making them for a party= easy clean-up!) Layer the trifles in this order: cake, M&M's, cheesecake whipped cream, hot fudge... then continue the same layering until you get to the top- ending with whipped cream and M&M'S.
- *For the pound cake: use store-bought, frozen or homemade.
- *Make-ahead tip: You can make these several hours ahead- just keep them refrigerated. Add the top layer of M&M's just before serving.
Disclosure: This post was originally part of a partnership with M&M’s.
Love these! The patriotic M&Ms are so darn festive, I’ll have to pick them up for the 4th of July!
So festive and fun! I love that you could make it for any holiday just by using that seasons holiday M&Ms!
These are so cute! I love how festive (and delicious!) they are! Plus, anything with cheesecake is a winner in my book!
Aren’t those patriotic M&M’s the cutest? I love this idea!
SO fun Lori! Love these treats for Memorial Day or the Fourth!
These are so fun! I love how easy they are.
Well these are just super festive (and dreamy), and I cannot believe I’ve never seen anything like Cheesecake Whipped Cream! I think this is going to my new thing to add to everything! Great recipe — enjoy your weekend!
What a fun way to celebrate Memorial Weekend! These are a must-make for sure!
What a fun and easy idea! I always have M&M’s in my house, so this might be happening sooner rather than later!
Oh my gosh, what a BRILLIANT idea! This is exactly the type of thing I’d want to dive into at a Memorial Day party! : )
I’m always looking for easy summer desserts to serve at dinner parties and picnics. These little trifles are perfect! I love the combination of chocolate and cheesecake too.
I love that this is no bake! And M&M’s are my fave 🙂 Love these!