Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Pie is the ultimate peanut butter pie with hot fudge included!
This pie is for major peanut butter lovers. If you’re in the mood for the best, creamy peanut butter pie with a peanut butter crust then this is the pie for you. A big bonus is that there’s a layer of hot fudge hidden inside. And of course you can drizzle additional hot fudge on top!
I went with a Nutter Butter crust for this pie. You can see that Nutter Butters are kind of a big deal around here. If you’re gluten free, use GF Oreos instead!
If you’re not familiar with Nutter Butters- they’re pretty much just like an Oreo but with peanut butter cookie and peanut butter cream filling.
How to make Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Pie:
24 Nutter Butter cookies are smashed into bits for the crust. You can just put then in a big plastic baggie and use something heavy to smash the cookies into crumbs.
This is a no-bake, easy-to-make kind of pie. The Nutter Butter crumbs are mixed with melted butter and simply patted into a pie plate.
A nice layer of hot fudge is then spooned on top.
Then it’s topped with the peanut butter cream filling…
…and smoothed on top. In true no-bake pie fashion, this one is stored in the freezer until it’s ready to eat.
My family was hanging out in the kitchen on this pie making day. There were hugs all around and this pie was made with great love.
Drizzling slices of pie with more hot fudge just seems like the right thing to do.
It is so important to spend time with family, and as your kids get older it becomes even more valued. I sure hope my peanut butter pie helps you feel comfort in this crazy world. There’s a whole lotta of love in this pie.
Make a pie (or anything else) for your family, and enjoy it together. Tomorrow is never certain, so make the most of today.
Here are a few more pie recipes you might like to try:
- Rocky Road Pie
- Snickers Bar Pie
- Grasshopper Pie
- Chocolate Crack Pie
- Old Fashioned Custard Pie
- Hoosier Pie
- Easy Cannoli Pie
- Shoofly Pie
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Pie
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge (slightly warmed for easier spreading)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (regular, not natural)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, defrosted
- additional hot fudge for drizzling, optional
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Drizzle the hot fudge on top and smooth it out. Place in the freezer while you're preparing the filling.
PREPARE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in about 1 cup of the Cool Whip. Set the beaters aside and use a rubber spatula to fold in the rest of the Cool Whip. Keep folding until the mixture is well combined.
- Spoon the peanut butter filling into the frozen pie crust, smooth the top, and place it back into the freezer. Freeze for at least 3 hours, or until set enough to slice easily. Drizzle additional hot fudge on individual slices, if desired.
- *Why not natural peanut butter? It will not mix in well and make this the creamy pie that it's meant to be.
- *If allergic to peanuts, try using Oreos for the crust and a creamy version of almond butter instead (like the Barney's brand)
- *If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just use some gluten free cookies in place of the Nutter Butters (like GF Oreos), use GF hot fudge, GF peanut butter and GF whipped topping.