Nutty Chocolate Chip Overload Cookies are the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe!
These cookies are a chocolate chip cookie lover’s dream come true. They are a trifecta of chocolate chips doubled down with two varieties of nuts. In other words, these Nutty Chocolate Chip Overload Cookies are totally packed with chocolate chips and nuts!
How to make Nutty Chocolate Chip Overload Cookies:
You’ll begin by making a typical cookie dough base. The only thing that’s different in the cookie base is that you can opt to use almond extract instead of vanilla extract. I recommend you try the almond extract. That’s what makes these taste unique.
Then the magic happens! You’ll add in 4½ cups of three varieties of chocolate chips and 3 cups of two kinds of nuts. The recipe calls for using semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. The two nuts called for in this recipe are pecans and walnuts.
Chilling the dough for at least one hour is an important step in this recipe. Without chill time, the dough will tend to spread out while the cookies are baking. If you go with using 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie, you’ll get 9 dozen cookies out of this recipe!
Can you use different varieties of chips and nuts?
Yes! Try using dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and butterscotch chips. Also try changing up the nut choices. Almonds would be good. Use one nut, or a combination of two. It’s completely up to you what kind of combination of chips and nuts you’d like to try. Or you can go with the recipe as written since it’s proven to be very good!
How about leaving the nuts out of the cookies?
You can certainly make these without any nuts. The recipe won’t make as many cookies, and they won’t be quite as chunky as you see in the photos here since the chips will be missing from the cookie dough.
Store these Nutty Chocolate Chip Overload Cookies at room temperature in a covered container for up to three days. They also store well in the freezer. Keep in a well-sealed container, and freeze for up to three months. You won’t be able to eat just one– enjoy!
Here are a few more chocolate chip cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Malted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutty Chocolate Chip Overload Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Combine the chips and nuts in a medium bowl, and mix well; stir into the dough. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour, or until it's easy to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets (or baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat mats). Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- This recipe makes 9 dozen cookies if you use 1 tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie. Use more dough, and you will end up with fewer cookies.
Thanks to Tara Liptak from the blog, Smells Like Home for the beautiful photography on this post.