Ooey Gooey Brownies are the best brownie recipe with the perfect texture!
Here’s a new brownie recipe for you to try! It’s a delicious brownie. It’s super chocolatey, and it has the perfect brownie texture- not too cakey and not too dense. Despite the “ooey gooey” name, you’ll be able to hold it in your hand without getting messy. The ooey gooey part is inside. That’s the chocolate, and it’s what make these Ooey Gooey Brownies so awesome.
- flour, baking powder and salt
- unsweetened cocoa
- white sugar
- milk chocolate candy bars (like Hershey’s)
How to make Ooey Gooey Brownies:
Butter is melted in a saucepan, and then cocoa is whisked in. Once that mixture is all melted, you can pull it from the heat and scrape it into a bowl to let it cool a bit. Sugar and eggs are whisked in– then, flour, baking powder and salt. Vanilla is stirred in last.
The ooey gooey part is next. You’ll stir in chopped milk chocolate bars. If you want to get really crazy, you can sub dark chocolate for the milk chocolate. It’s all a matter of preference. Then the brownies are baked.
What’s the best way to cut brownies?
Let brownies cool completely before slicing, or you risk tearing apart the brownies and not getting very clean cuts. Sometimes I refrigerate my brownies so they’re nice and firm before cutting. The best way to cut brownies to get clean slices is to use a plastic knife. I know that sounds weird, but since plastic is naturally “non stick,” it just works best. Slice with a plastic knife, and wipe off the knife after each cut.
For these Ooey Gooey Brownies, you can cut them into standard-sized brownies and you’ll get 15 brownies. You can also opt to cut them into much smaller pieces resulting in brownie “bites” instead.
Here’s a peek at the inside of these Ooey Gooey Brownies. You can see that the chopped chocolate bars result in a wonderful chocolatey inside. They’re so good. Enjoy!
Here are a few more gooey dessert recipes you might like to try:
- Gooey Butter Cake
- Chewy Gooey Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Gooey Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Blueberry Gooey Butter Cake
- Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies
- Lemon Gooey Bars
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Sandwich Bars
- Ooey Gooey Autumn Spice Cake
Ooey Gooey Brownies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) salted butter
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Two 1.55-ounce milk chocolate bars (like Hersheys). chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8x12-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. If you don't have an 8x12-inch pan, bake them in a 9x9-inch pan. They will be a little thicker, and the baking time may need to be increased slightly.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Melt the butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; add cocoa and cook, stirring constantly, until consistency of chocolate sauce. Remove from heat. Pour the hot mixture into a bowl and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar and then whisk in the eggs until blended and smooth. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the vanilla and chocolate pieces.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before cutting into bars.
- *Try freezing the chocolate bits so they don't melt too much in the brownie batter.