Here’s a new dinner idea for you > Orange Ginger Pork Cutlets with Mango Tomato Salsa
Here’s the deal : my family gets soooo tired of chicken. So we’ve been eating a lot of steak lately. For some reason, I’ve been craving it all summer (especially skirt steak), and I keep buying it and grilling it and serving it for dinner!
Every time I go back to chicken, my family grunts and groans about how often we have chicken. Good grief, family! There are only so many things to serve for dinner. Pork is a great alternative. No one ever seems to complain when I serve pork!
This recipe features pork tenderloin sliced into medallions and pounded into cutlets, rubbed with orange zest and ginger, sauteed and topped with a wonderful fresh mango-tomato salsa! No complaints! … except for one > my tomato-shy son moved all of the tomatoes aside and enjoyed only mangoes. My son goes absolutely bonkers over mangoes- loves them to pieces, but he is absolutely disgusted by tomatoes. That’s okay… more tomatoes for the adults!
I enjoy making pork cutlets because they cook up quickly (so your hot stove only has to be on for a few minutes in the heat of summer!)… and if you just fry them briefly, they really do turn out tender and delicious. All they need is a little flavor added to them, which we do in this recipe with the orange and ginger. The salsa is a nice addition to make this a perfectly summery sort of dinner. We loved it.
So set aside the boring ‘ol chicken and make this for dinner instead!
Here are a few more pork tenderloin recipes you might enjoy:
- Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Blackberry Hoisin Ginger Pork Tenderloin
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Maple- Rosemary Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Tenderloin with Mango Lime Salsa
- Quick- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Fig and Chili Sauce
- Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Bacon- Rosemary Pork Tenderloin Kebabs
Orange Ginger Pork Cutlets with Mango Tomato Salsa
- 1 pound pork tenderloins, fat trimmed and silverskin removed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 2/3 cup halved small pear or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the tenderloins into 4 to 6 even slices. Place plastic wrap over pork; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Rub each piece of pork with orange zest. Then sprinkle both sides with ginger, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Toss, add salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side (or until done). Remove the pork from the pan; repeat with the rest of the pork. Serve topped with the mango salsa!
We eat a lot of chicken in our house too and I know my husband would love to switch things up a bit 🙂 This pork sounds like just the dish! Love love love the mango salsa 🙂
Haha we eat a lot of chicken too, and the husband is always wanting more steak instead! I need to do this pork and I’m sure he’d love it. Plus that mango tomato salsa looks just gorgeous. I love anything with mangoes 🙂 Pinned!
I don’t know why, but I always forget about pork! Thanks for the reminder to work this fresh alternative into our weekly menu (and I <3 the mango twist too!)
I am kind of in a similar situation. My family is tired of chicken too. But we love pork! So this is perfect! Your salsa sounds fantastic!
This. Is. PERFECT. I LOVE chicken, and make it way too often…and then my husband complains that he never wants to see chicken ever in his life. I happen to have a ton of pork just sitting in my freezer, and he loves mangoes! How did you know? 🙂 Pinning!