Peanut Butter Cookie Cupcakes are for peanut butter lovers!
This sweet treat is the best of both worlds. It’s a peanut butter cookie baked in a cupcake pan, and it’s topped with frosting- just like a cupcake. They’re cupcake-sized cookies with frosting on top!
Yep, it’s cookie dough tucked into a cupcake wrapper, but frosted like a cupcake. Why not? This means, of course, that you get much more bang for your buck… a bunch more cookie all stuffed into a cupcake tin. This is good stuff!
How to make Peanut Butter Cookie Cupcakes:
The peanut butter cookie dough is spooned into cupcake pans. you can use cupcake wrappers or no wrappers. They are baked like cookies.
And this is what they look like coming out of the oven. They bake up just like peanut butter cookies. The cracks on the top… those are fine because you’re going to top them with peanut butter FROSTING!
A delicious peanut butter frosting is whipped up.
And you’ll frost the “cupcakes” with the peanut butter frosting.
The peanut buttery frosting is smoothed on top of each “cupcake.” Then you use a powdered sugared fork to criss-cross the top (gotta give it that peanut-butter-cookie look), just like you would do if you were making traditional peanut butter cookies.
Add in ideas:
- Top them with chocolate frosting instead if you wish to create a fabulous combination!
- Mix in miniature chocolate chips!
And then they’re ready for eating! It’s important to note that they are DENSE. They are not fluffy like a cupcake because they are more like cookies than cupcakes. These are delicious, but you pretty much have to be a peanut butter lover to love these.
Here are a few more peanut butter cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- High Energy Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie
- Great Grandma’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Cupcakes
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, plus more for decorating
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 or 3 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
PREPARE COOKIE CUPCAKES:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low. Mix in the peanut butter. Then mix in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. Add the flour mixture; mix until combined. And then mix in the sour cream.
- Spoon scant 3 tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup. Bake until pale golden and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.
PREPARE THE FROSTING:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and butter; mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Stir in the peanut butter with a rubber spatula.
- Spread 1½ tablespoons of frosting onto each cupcake. Refrigerate until the frosting is firm, about 10 minutes. Using the tines of a fork dipped in powdered sugar, score each cupcake top in a crosshatch pattern.
- Cupcakes can be refrigerated in single layers in airtight containers for up to 2 days.
Well,I absolutely love this recipe. I did end up putting the batter into a 9 inch cake pan,it worked beautifully! Around 40 Minutes and turned the pan halfway through. Thank you soo much for sharing this recipe. I will be making this peanut butter cookie cupcake recipe again,very soo. It was soft,moist and tasted just like a peanut butter cookie.,
You have just gave me an idea. What if I were to be able to bake these,instead of cupcakes,I bake them in a 9 inch pan almost like a cake? A “cookie cake”. I was researching on Google to find a cookie recipe that I could layer with a brownie cake layer. Like a Brooke cake. I will let you know how it turns out. I love looking for ideas on how to make or turn different recipes into a cake recipe. Thank you soo much for the inspiration!