These Pesto Pizza Appetizers are an appetizer recipe that will be fun for football season.
You can’t get much easier than these pesto pizza appetizers for a quick and easy snack… wonderful little, pizza-like bites of deliciousness. The simple kinds of recipes are sometimes best. This one calls for sliced baguette, pesto sauce, tomato and shredded mozzarella cheese. Yes, it’s that easy! Serve these up at a party, and everyone will think you’re a gourmet chef!
I personally like to have these for dinner once in a while with a glass of wine in hand. They’re perfectly filling and satisfying. And they make a good little side munchie to a green salad too!
As an appetizer, they are perfect for lazy weekends watching football. Because it’s a red and green appetizer, they’re festive enough to serve at a winter holiday party. And these pesto pizza appetizers are hearty food to display at any parties or celebrations throughout the year too.
You could change things up a bit by using marinara sauce in place of the pesto sauce, but really these are good just as they are. Kids like ’em too since they’re like mini hand-held pizza bites. Everyone likes pizza, and everyone will like these too!
Here are a few more pizza-themed appetizer recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Artichoke Pizza Bites
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Pizza Pinwheels
- Veggie Pizza Pinwheels
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Pesto Pizza Appetizers
- 6 tablespoons store bought pesto (or homemade)
- 1 medium baguette, sliced into thin slices
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- One 8-ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto on each slice of baguette. Top each baguette with a tomato slice; sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place the bread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.