This easy Artichoke Pizza Bites recipe makes for a good snack or dinner too!
I tried this recipe at a Pampered Chef party many years ago. It was so delicious that I was even suckered into buying the pizza stone that they made it on!
Is Pampered Chef still around? Do they still make the pizza stone? I have no idea… but you certainly don’t have to have the stone to make these artichoke pizza bites. Use a greased cookie sheet and you will get the same results.
How to make Artichoke Pizza Bites:
Mix together the artichoke mixture first- artichoke hearts, black olives, Parmesan cheese, lemon mayonnaise and garlic.
Roll the pizza dough onto a stone or a greased baking sheet. Spread the artichoke mixture on the pizza dough. Place tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and more Parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes, and then use a pizza cutter to cut into small pieces.
Note about pizza dough:
Most grocery stores carry balls of fresh pizza dough. Trader Joe’s does too. Alternately, your favorite pizza place will usually sell you a ball of pizza dough. Just ask!
Here are a few more recipes using artichoke hearts that you might like to try:
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cheese and Artichoke Bread Bites
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- Winter Pasta
Easy Artichoke Pizza Bites
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water drained and chopped
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- zest from one lemon
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (low fat is fine)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- One 13.8-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichokes, olives, ¼ cup cheese, lemon zest, mayonnaise and garlic; mix well.
- Unroll the pizza dough and arrange it on a large baking stone (or greased cookie sheet), shaping it to fit on the stone/sheet. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough to the edge of the baking stone. Spread the artichoke mixture evenly over the crust to within ½-inch of the edge. Arrange the tomato slices over the pizza; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and the remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares using a pizza cutter; serve immediately.