Sour Cream Maple Bread is a lovely flavored bread for snacking or gifting!
We all make banana bread, zucchini bread and things like that, but have you ever made maple bread? It’s time to try something new. I love this bread because it’s different. It’s not the same ‘ol thing. It’s lightly flavored with maple syrup, and you can add pecans or leave them out. Sour cream maple bread is a nice bread to wrap up and gift to neighbors and friends this time of year. Or think of it as a nice holiday housewarming gift!
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- maple syrup
- sour cream
- pecans (optional)
How to make Sour Cream Maple Bread:
Whisk together the dry ingredients and set them aside.
In a separate bowl, use a mixer to beat the butter and then mix in the maple syrup. Stir in sour cream and egg. Stir in nuts, if using. Then add the dry ingredients, and stir just until combined. Over-mixing will result in a tougher texture bread. Spoon into a loaf pan and bake!
Use full-fat sour cream for the best results. And there’s a different between real maple syrup and the commercial pancake syrups on the shelves. Go for the pure maple syrup. It will yield much more (and better) maple flavor to this bread.
For keeping, store this bread in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It freezes well too. Just wrap with plastic wrap and then drop into a large plastic zip baggie. Freeze up to three months. You can do the same with individual slices instead of wrapping the whole loaf. Then it’s easy to take out and thaw for random snacking. Enjoy!
Sour Cream Maple Bread
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth, then slowly add the maple syrup, mixing constantly. By hand, whisk in the sour cream and egg. Stir in the pecans (if using). Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended (do not over-mix).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes, then turn the loaf out onto the rack to cool completely.
- Nutritional information does not include the optional pecans.