Spinach with Orzo and Feta is a simple side dish recipe to make for tonight’s dinner!
Why make plain old sautéed spinach when you can jazz it up and make spinach with added pasta and cheese? This hot side dish is so delicious. It’s a combination of a veggie and a starch all in one dish.
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- orzo pasta
- fresh spinach
- fresh mint leaves
- crumbled feta cheese
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- olive oil
How to make Spinach with Orzo and Feta:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo according to the package instructions. Then add in the fresh spinach and cook until wilted. Drain the orzo and the spinach.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo and spinach with fresh mint, crumbled feta cheese, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss them together. Season with salt and pepper. It’s ready to serve!
There is plenty of pasta in this dish for pasta lovers. And the spinach added in just makes it feel a bit more like a vegetable side dish too. The fresh mint and freshly squeezed lemon juice give it a lovely fresh flavor.
And the addition of feta cheese is really good too. I suggest you serve this spinach with orzo and feta with roasted chicken, ribeye or a pork roast. That’ll give you such a delicious, complete dinner. Enjoy!
Spinach with Orzo and Feta
- kosher salt
- 1⅓ cups dry orzo pasta
- 16 ounces spinach, trimmed and chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo according to the package instructions. Stir in the spinach until wilted. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the hot spinach and orzo with the mint leaves, feta cheese, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.