Are you looking for a cool treat that makes you feel like you’ve been transported to tropical island? This deliciously creamy Toasted Coconut Frozen Yogurt is just the dessert to do that.
Do you love coconut? I know it’s a love-it or hate-it flavor for most. For me, I absolutely love it, and I can’t get enough. That means I’m always looking for ways to add a little bit of coconut to my days. The easiest way to do this in the summertime is to make a cool and refreshing dessert recipe like this toasted coconut frozen yogurt. It’s light and refreshing and oh-so-tropical with every creamy bite. The best part is that it’s incredibly simple to make too. No ice cream maker is needed!
All you will need are 5 simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time to create this delectable dessert.
- heavy cream
- plain yogurt
- coconut extract
- shredded coconut
How to make Toasted Coconut Frozen Yogurt:
You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this recipe. Freeze a metal bowl or pan until it is very cold (at least 30 minutes). You’ll add heavy cream and yogurt to the frozen bowl/pan and mix to combine. Then you’ll add sugar and stir until it has dissolved. Finally, you’ll mix in coconut extract and toasted coconut. Then you can transfer the bowl to the freezer and let it freeze overnight. It will be ready to scoop and enjoy the next day!
How to toast coconut:
Heat your oven to 350°F. Spread shredded coconut evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally. Keep an eye on it since you don’t want it to burn!
Here are a few more frozen recipes you might enjoy.
- Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
- Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Biscoff Ice Cream
- Toasted Marshmallow Brownie Malt Ice Cream
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Toasted Coconut Frozen Yogurt
- 2½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 32 ounces plain yogurt
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut (see Recipe Notes below)
- a little bit of extra toasted coconut, for garnish
- Chill a large metal bowl in your freezer for at least 30 minutes before getting started.
- Once the bowl is chilled, add the heavy cream and yogurt to the bowl; whisk well.
- Add the granulated sugar and continue to whisk until fully combined and no longer grainy. Stir in the coconut extract. Fold in the toasted coconut.
- Transfer the mixture to a large freezer safe container or bowl. Cover and freeze overnight. Alternately, you can chill the mixture and then process in an ice cream maker.
- Sprinkle with additional toasted coconut for garnish when serving.
- How to Toast Coconut: Heat the oven to 350°F. Spread the coconut evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.