The chutney in the dressing turns it into a great dressing for this Turkey Spinach Salad!
Turkey Spinach Salad with Chutney Vinaigrette
- ½ cup mango chutney (Major Grey's brand is good)
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- One and a half 10-ounce packages ready-to-use spinach, stems trimmed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2½ cups cooked turkey, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (or Gorgonzola)
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender, mix together the chutney, oil, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, turkey, cheese and pine nuts. Pour enough dressing over to coat the salad and toss to blend. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- The dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance. Just cover and refrigerate after making it.
- To toast the pine nuts, place them in a dry pan over low heat. Stir often until they begin to brown.