Asian Turkey Salad is a nice, light, main-dish salad… perfect for using up leftover turkey.
So the holidays are over, and you’re looking to lighten up your load? Yeah, me too. If you happened to roast a turkey for your holiday dinner, then this Asian Turkey Salad is a good “eating light” recipe to make with your leftover turkey. Why make turkey sandwiches when you can make something far more interesting and healthy?!
It’s a pretty salad, and I think your relatives would be pretty impressed that you were able to re-purpose the leftover roasted turkey in such a unique way. Something to consider!
Roasted chicken may be substituted for the roasted turkey. That means you can turn this Asian Turkey Salad in to Asian Chicken Salad any time of the year. Yay!
How to make Asian Turkey Salad:
Although it looks as if there’s a long ingredient list in the recipe, it’s likely to be a lot of stuff you already have on hand. This recipe is pretty easy to make. All of the dressing ingredients are added to a blender and just blended up to make the dressing for the salad. It’s an Asian-style dressing made with rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and a few other things.
The salad part of the recipe calls for shredded Napa cabbage, red bell pepper, red onion, fresh cilantro, green onion, and (of course) roasted turkey. If there are any of those things that you don’t like, it’s okay to leave something out.
The salad is tossed with the Asian dressing and served in individual bowls. This recipe makes 4 servings (or two servings for two really hungry people). Top each salad with a sprinkle of dry roasted peanuts. This salad is best when eaten after tossing. It’s not one to make-ahead and eat later. Though the dressing is easy enough to make-ahead. Keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the rest of the salad and serve.
You’ll love the dressing for this salad. It really makes the salad taste amazing. And the chopsticks are just for show. Grab your fork, and dig in!
Here are a few more recipes you can use your leftover turkey in:
- Turkey Noodle Casserole
- Leftover Turkey and Black Bean Tacos
- Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwiches
- Turkey, Mushroom and Bacon Puff Pastry Pockets
- Best Turkey Soup Recipe
- Turkey- Cranberry Hand Pies
- Creamy Mexican Turkey Soup
- Turkey Tetrazzini
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to WW Points on the recipe card below.
Asian Turkey Salad
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (or grated)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 small serrano chile, seeds removed
- 4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped dry roasted peanuts
PREPARE THE SALAD DRESSING:
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing to coat.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is known to be GF.