Another great main dish recipe with Weight Watcher’s points: Blackened Steak Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Blackened Steak Salad
I've always loved steak in salad. It turns it into a main dish for me...
- 3/4 pound top sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick), fat trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) pre-washed spinach leaves
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- One 7.25-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained & cut into thin strips
- pepper to taste
- sliced avocado, optional
- Pat steak with Cajun seasoning to coat both sides evenly. Heat a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. When pan is very hot, add steak. Cook, turning occasionally, until meat is well browned on the outside and done to your liking, about 14 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, whirl salsa, sour cream and lime juice in a blender or food processor until smooth. Arrange the spinach, beans, and peppers decoratively in a large serving bowl.
- When meat is done, cut it into bite-size slices; add to salad. At the table, mix salad thoroughly with dressing. Add pepper to taste.
- If you're preparing this as a GLUTEN FREE recipe, just make sure that your cajun seasoning and salsa are designated as GF.
- If you don't care for jarred peppers, roast or grill your own red peppers (as shown in the photo).
- Nutritional Information per serving - Serving size: salad divided into 4 equal portions (avocado not included), Calories 294, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2.74g, Sugar 1.53g, Fiber 10g, Protein 29g, Cholesterol 57.26mg, Carbohydrates 28g
- WW POINTS per serving: Smart Points 7, Points Plus 7, Old Points Program 7.5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Sunset)