Make sure you serve this Liquored Up Watermelon Fruit Bowl at an adults-only party… or keep it safe out of reach of the little ones who like their fruit. It’s a fun summer dish to serve, but it’s definitely not for the kids!
Yield: One watermelon full of fruit
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Liquored Up Watermelon Fruit Bowl
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- melons & berries
- watermelon, cut in half and hollowed out
- Boil sugar and water together until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool for a bit. Add the vodka, rum, lime juice and lime zest and stir to combine. Cool.
- Scoop out round balls of cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon (or cut into chunks). Place inside a hollowed out watermelon or watermelon basket. Add strawberries and blueberries. Pour liquid over fruit and serve. Or let marinate for a bit and then serve.
- Time saver: Prepare the syrup ahead of time and let it chill until you're ready to mix it with the fruit.