Beer Puffs with Corned Beef Filling
Yield: About 2 dozen
I made these for a Super Bowl party and they turned out to be a perfect finger food. I served them with a bit of honey mustard dijon, and they were gobbled up quickly!
1 cup beer
1/4 pound butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 cups finely chopped deli corned beef
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1. Prepare puffs ahead: Bring beer and butter to a boil. When butter is melted, add flour and salt. Cook this over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Beat in eggs to the beer batter mixture one at a time until dough is shiny. Drop by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet (or use a small cookie scoop). Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let cool. Split with scissors and refrigerate until ready to fill.
4. Prepare filling: Combine all filling ingredients and chill.
5. When ready to serve, spoon filling into puffs. Cover and refrigerate.