This banana bread recipe has a LOT of banana in it to keep it perfect: In Your Face Banana Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
In Your Face Banana Bread
If you're looking for a moist, dense banana bread that is full of banana flavor, this is it. Our whole family really enjoys this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed over-ripe bananas (about 5 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and then the mashed bananas and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- This is a banana bread recipe that is full of banana flavor. Don't skimp on the bananas though- you really do need 2 1/3 cups or it won't be any more special than an average banana bread.
- You can add a little cinnamon if you'd like.
- This bread tastes best the next day.
Here are a few more banana bread recipes you might enjoy:
- Red Velvet Banana Bread by Something Swanky
- Strawberry Oatmeal Banana Bread by RecipeGirl
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread by RecipeBoy
- Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread by RecipeGirl
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread by Taste and Tell