These are truly the Best Sugar Cookies recipe I’ve tried!
They’re a simple, crunchy cookie- perfect for dunking into coffee, tea or milk.
Yield: 5 dozen
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Best Sugar Cookies
I'm a sugar-cookie-fanatic, and these are the best!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional sugar, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugars, butter, oil, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and vanilla in the order listed, mixing well after each addition. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls (the dough will be crumbly, but it should come together and hold a ball nicely); roll in additional granulated sugar.
- Arrange the balls 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Dip glass in water before dipping into sugar so that the sugar will adhere to the bottom of the glass.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via California Sol Food: Casual Cooking from the Junior League of San Diego)