This Apple Bacon Salad is one of my favorite salad recipes ever!
Use turkey bacon, as the recipe indicates, if you’re watching your calories. If you prefer the real thing, by all means use real bacon!
Don’t be afraid of the garlic messing with the flavor of the apples… you’ll be pleasantly surprised. This is a delicious salad recipe!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Apple Bacon Salad
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon, cooked 'till crisp
- 1 bunch green or red leaf lettuce
- 1 clove garlic (large)
- 2 red delicious apples- skin on, sliced
- 1 large lemon
- croutons, optional
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Mix together dressing ingredients in lidded jar or tupperware bowl. Shake well & refrigerate.
- Cut garlic clove in half and rub the inside of the salad bowl. Place lettuce and apple slices in bowl. Juice the lemon and pour over the top of the salad/apple mix. Crumble bacon on top.
- Toss with chilled dressing. Croutons are optional.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/8th of the salad) Calories: 145, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Sugar: 4.5g, Fiber: 1.5g, Protein: 5g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Carbohydrates: 8g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 5, Points Plus: 4, Old Points Program: 4