A fabulous game-day recipe: Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
This was part of our Superbowl menu one year. I made them in a crockpot and then finished them off to dry them out a little bit in the oven. They were very good. I might do them entirely in the oven next time as the crockpot tends to make chicken fall apart.
- 6 pounds chicken wings
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- If wings are whole, remove tips and discard, or freeze to make chicken stock later). Coat with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until well mixed.
- Cooking options: 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place wings in shallow casserole, pour sauce over and bake until chicken is well done and sauce is caramelized, about 1 hour. 2. Place wings in slow cooker, pour sauce over and cook on low all day.