Pork Tenderloin with BLUEBERRY Barbecue Sauce

In keeping with the “blueberry”/vacation theme, I’ll share the wonderful pork tenderloin recipe that we grilled on our vacation thanks to Oprah’s O Magazine: Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce. I don’t really know why I get O Magazine. Though I’ve always been an Oprah fan, I rarely actually read the magazine but instead flip to the end where the recipes are. If anything, Oprah knows food and the recipes are usually pretty darn good. Yay for Oprah and her love of food. We definitely have that in common.

The blueberry bbq sauce is made ahead and divided up. Half gets brushed onto the pork after it has been seared pretty well on all sides. Brush it on too soon and you’ll end up with the flames licking the sugary sauce and burning up your pork before it has reached a safe level for consumption. You might notice that we used the old-fashioned way of bbq-ing on our trip… coals and all. And that I didn’t wait until my coals were properly ash-colored before throwing the pork on the grill. HINT: It might be better if your bbq is actually ready for your meat before you attempt to grill it.

Lucky for me… after a lengthy period of grilling, the pork tenderloin turned out perfect… tender and moist and all that good stuff. The 2nd half of the sauce was spooned on top. It was a wonderful combination. We served it up with some freshly baked bread and a green salad… a great summertime dinner.

And the view wasn’t bad either.

This recipe can be found here: Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce

P.S. Happy Birthday Sis! Hope it’s a great one!

23 Responses to “Pork Tenderloin with BLUEBERRY Barbecue Sauce”

1. postedAug 2, 2008 11:38 AM
    Manggy

Nothing like pork with a fruity sauce! Yum! :) (I’m kind of afraid to try the recipes of O Magazine for some reason…)

2. postedAug 2, 2008 1:19 PM
    CookiePie

Fabulous! What a delicious meal. And happy birthday to your sister!

3. postedAug 2, 2008 3:35 PM
    Melanie

Wow, this does look delicious. I have some blueberries in my fridge just waiting to be used…now I need to go round up some pork tenderloin!

4. postedAug 2, 2008 4:49 PM
    Lori Lynn

I’m really likin’ your New England recipes. Caramelized blueberry barbecue sauce sounds outrageous!

5. postedAug 2, 2008 6:01 PM
    Emiline

What a pretty view!

I’m glad the pork turned out well. It looks so good! I like the idea of a blueberry bbq sauce.

PS about my blogroll – it’s through blogrolling.com, then I had to find a code for a scrolling box.

6. postedAug 2, 2008 8:43 PM
    noble pig

So beautiful. I’ve seen a bunch of recipes with blueberry sauce and I really want to try them. I need to do this.

7. postedAug 2, 2008 11:30 PM
    Lisa

I keep wanting to try a blueberry BBQ sauce. Looks good! And very nice view!

8. postedAug 3, 2008 3:23 AM
    Heather

wow! look at you with the blueberries! this looks delish!

9. postedAug 3, 2008 5:12 AM
    StickyGooeyCreamyChewy

That is one beautiful slab of meat, Lori! I love the blueberry bbq sauce. How creative! I love fruity sauces with pork. They just go together.

And that view ain’t bad either! πŸ˜‰

10. postedAug 3, 2008 8:39 AM
    VeggieGirl

Blueberry BBQ sauce??? Now THAT’S intriguing – yum!!

Happy birthday to your sister!! :0)

11. postedAug 3, 2008 2:07 PM
    Mommy's Kitchen

Blueberry Barbecue Sauce how interesting. What a nice change from the traditional sauce. From the looks of the pictures it turned out beautifully.

12. postedAug 3, 2008 4:12 PM
    Isa

Never tried the combo blueberries and pork but it does look yummy! Beautiful view!

13. postedAug 3, 2008 5:54 PM
    Lisa

Your Tagged on my blog. (only if you have time:)

14. postedAug 3, 2008 6:53 PM
    Kevin

A blueberry BBQ sauce sounds great!

15. postedAug 3, 2008 7:49 PM
    Katrina

Just wanted you to know that I made the Butterfinger Blondies (again) and think they are pretty amazing. Although I’m giving them away (and saved four for my boys), I just know they taste great. They turned out great and I love this easy recipe. Wish I could sink my teeth in to the gooey, buttery, badness! πŸ˜‰ Blondie lovers will love these! I love all your yummy recipes.

16. postedAug 3, 2008 11:29 PM
    Prudy

That’s a fun way to make a heavier meat seem a little more summery.

17. postedAug 3, 2008 11:56 PM
    Chuck

Lori,

That pork Tenderloin looks delicious. I have friends that own a blueberry farm and will give this recipe a try with the plump blueberries I have in the fridge.

18. postedAug 4, 2008 6:19 AM
    Katie

Blueberry BBQ sauce is such a great idea! I’ve never heard of it before. I have to try it!

19. postedAug 4, 2008 8:06 PM
    Grace

you’ve just improved pork by 28.3% in my eyes, and i didn’t think that was possible. blueberry barbecue sauce? i think i’m in love. awesome. my chin = drool central. :)

20. postedAug 5, 2008 10:58 PM
    Mike of Mike's Table

I love pork, bbq, and the always surprisingly versatile, savory applications of blueberries. This dish looks so good

21. postedAug 6, 2008 4:48 AM
    Elle

Oh, i have to give this one a try! I’m glad you get O mag!And it’s as gorgeous as your dinnertime view!

22. postedAug 6, 2008 6:43 PM
    Deborah

What an intriguing recipe! And that’s my favorite way to grill – on the coals. I wish we did it more often.

23. postedAug 8, 2008 8:21 PM
    Alisha

Hi,

I’m Alisha from Wowzio, and I’m excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I’m sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it’s not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i’m leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,