Pineapple provides the perfect complement to pork in this Pineapple Pork Tenderloin recipe.
Lightly glazed pork tenderloin is served with a sweet and ginger-scented Asian sauce and the broiled slices of pineapple. A bit of pork with a bite of pineapple is delicious! My family loves this for a quick and easy dinner.
- fresh pineapple
- hoisin sauce
- fresh ginger
- Dijon mustard
- pork tenderloin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pineapple juice
- soy sauce
How to make Pineapple Pork Tenderloin:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Halve pineapple slices; arrange on a platter with the sliced pork.
Drizzle the pork with the pan juices; season with salt and pepper. Serve with quick ginger sauce.
How do you grate fresh ginger?
I find that it’s easiest to grate ginger when it’s frozen. Cut the peel off using a potato peeler, and place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes or so before grating. When you’re finished, you can put the remaining fresh ginger piece in a zip bag and keep in the freezer for future use. It keeps just fine in the freezer.
Does this recipe work on the grill?
Yes! Pork tenderloin can be grilled instead of broiled. There won’t be pan juices, but since there will be a sauce then you don’t need to worry so much about pan juices. Pineapple is wonderful when singed on the grill too.
Best Pork Tenderloin Recipes:
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Sage and Apple
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
- Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Balsamic Rosemary Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Ginger Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Pineapple Pork Tenderloin
- 4 slices (½-inch-thick) fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
PREPARE THE PORK AND PINEAPPLE:
- Heat the broiler. Place the pineapple slices on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic and mustard. Rub the pork with the sauce.
- Place the pork in the broiler, about 4 inches from the heat; place the pineapple on the rack below the pork. Broil the pork until it registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the broiler (let rest 10 minutes before slicing- the temp. will rise to 150°F. as the pork sits). Turn the pineapple slices; cook until browned in spots, about 10 minutes more.
- Halve the pineapple slices; arrange on a platter with the sliced pork. Drizzle the pork with the pan juices; season with salt and pepper. Serve with quick ginger sauce.
PREPARE THE SAUCE:
- In a small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sliced pork tenderloin and pineapple with the sauce.
- Peeling ginger: I find that it's easiest to grate ginger when it's frozen. Shave the peel off with a potato peeler and place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes or so before grating. When you're finished, you can put the remaining fresh ginger piece in a zip bag and keep in the freezer for future use. It keeps just fine in the freezer.
- Try grilling this recipe if you'd like. Grilled pineapple is fabulous!
Grilled the pork and pineapple along with some asparagus last night and it was delicious.. Thanks for the recipe!
How would you suggest grilling it? Wrapped in foil?? And for how long??
You can just grill the whole pork tenderloin (no foil needed) 12 to 15 minutes with a grill at about 350 degrees. The pineapple slices can be done on the grill too. Just enough to get some grill marks.
I fixed this for dinner tonight and served with your recipe for Vegetable Fried Rice. I followed your directions and it was perfect! (I found a homemade Hoisin recipe on IBSGameChanger.com). I’m so glad I found your website! Thank you!
My oven has two Broil settings—Low or High. Which setting should I use to broil the tenderloin?
I’d use high- and then make sure the rack is in the middle of the oven.
I am trying this recipe tonite! Do I need to turn the pork loin during cooking?
Sorry I didn’t see this- no need to turn!
What do you set the oven at for the porkloin
It’s broiled… do you see the complete recipe at the bottom of the post? Full instructions there 🙂
Can you make the tenderloin on the grill?
You can try!
I loved this recipe so much . It’s really awesome
ithis was sooooo goooood! did it on the grill instead. did the same instructions, but did the pineapple towards the end!!! yummmmm
Is pineapple broiled with the pork or baked?
Sorry that was not clear- I fixed it in the instructions!