I served this Pork Tenderloin with Apricot- Ginger Sauce as a special dinner for my family, and everyone enjoyed it so much. The spice rub is the perfect blend of flavors, and the sweet apricot ginger sauce is a nice balance with the spice.
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 pounds pork tenderloins
APRICOT GINGER SAUCE:
20 California dried apricots
One 11-ounce can apricot nectar
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
1. Combine Spice Rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush tenderloins with olive oil and pat the rub over the surface of each. Arrange tenderloins in a baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 145°. Remove tenderloins to a platter and tent with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice tenderloins and arrange on a serving platter.
4. To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and mix well. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Process the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Drizzle sauce over slices of tenderloin and serve warm.
*Avoid using Turkish dried apricots in this recipe, as they lack flavor.
Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who traded the classroom for the kitchen when she founded the blog RecipeGirl.com in 2006, which houses over 3,000 original and adapted recipes. Lori now spends her days creating family-friendly recipes for entertaining and every day. She also develops recipes, photographs food and writes for a variety of companies, websites and publications. The Recipe Girl Cookbook is available on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Never Miss a Post!
Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast and more delivered right to your inbox!