Yield: About 10 servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Upside- Down Apple Pecan Pie
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
2 unbaked pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In 9" deep dish pie pan, combine pecans and brown sugar. Pour melted butter over the top. Place one pie crust over the pecan mixture in the pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine apples and remaining ingredients. Mix lightly. Spoon into the crust-lined pan. Top with the remaining crust, fold edge of top crust under bottom crust and seal edges. Cut slits in the top crust.
4. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge with foil for the last 20 minutes to keep edges from turning too brown.
5. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Place serving plate over pie and invert. Replace any nuts remaining in the pan. Cool for one hour before serving.