1 lb lean ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
½ cup green bell pepper, diced
1 Tbs steak sauce (such as A-1)
1 Tbs ketchup
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup oatmeal
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp black pepper
7 slices bacon
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except bacon.
3. Line a loaf pan with bacon slices- on the bottom and the sides. Add meat mixture to the pan and firmly press onto bottom and sides.
4. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
5. When finished cooking, take out of the oven and let sit for a few minutes. Carefully turn pan upside down on a cookie sheet or large cutting board. Let sit for a few minutes. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
*Be careful when you tip the finished meatloaf onto the cutting surface as hot oils will come out too.
**You can make the meat mixture ahead of time. Refrigerate until needed, and then add to the bacon-lined pan.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“This was an easy recipe to follow. I did the dicing earlier in the day, then mixed it all together later. I used 1/2 cup of oatmeal instead of a cup. The result was awesome. Very moist and tasty. Company loved it. Me too!”
-Carson City, NV