Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is a delicious dinner idea for meat lovers who are crazy about bacon too.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
I know meatloaf isn’t the most popular choice when it comes to dinner, but my family loves a good meatloaf. This meatloaf has plenty of flavor, thanks to the addition of bacon wrapping itself around a good meatloaf base.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf:
First, you’ll line a meatloaf pan with bacon slices. I like to use center cut bacon to minimize the fat a little bit.
Next, you’ll put the meatloaf mixture into the pan– right on top of the bacon. This meatloaf has a base of ground beef. There are eggs, ketchup, steak sauce and some veggies in the meatloaf mix. Oats are mixed in too, which absorb some of the moisture and assist in allowing the meatloaf to keep its loaf form.
The bacon is then folded over the meat mixture, and it’s ready for the oven. It’ll bake for about 45 minutes or so.
Once it comes out of the oven, you’ll have one extra step in finishing off the meatloaf. Turn it out onto a rimmed baking sheet (I line mine with foil to minimize clean-up). Place it under the broiler until the bacon is crisp. Then it’s ready to eat!
You’ll get 8 slices out of this Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf.
My family enjoys this one because you get a bite of crispy bacon with each bite of meatloaf!
If you’re a lover of bacon, you might also like to try my Bacon Burgers with Balsamic Caramelized Onions or this Candied Bacon. Maple Bacon Sugar Cookies, Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots and Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are also great bacon-themed recipes!
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 cup oats
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (such as A-1)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bacon.
- Line a loaf pan with bacon slices- on the bottom and the sides. Add the meat mixture to the pan. It will be very moist. Wrap the bacon slices up and over the meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- When finished cooking, take out of the oven and let sit for a few minutes while you pre-heat the oven to broil. Carefully turn pan upside down onto a rimmed baking sheet. Place under the broiler and let the bacon cook until crisp. Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
- *You can make the meat mixture ahead of time. Refrigerate until needed, and then add to the bacon-lined pan.