Super Bowl Recipes: BLT Wraps

Quickie quiz:
A. Will you be watching The Big Game?
B. Will you be more interested in the food associated with the game?
C. Will you be on your computer while everyone else watches the game.
D. All of the above?  None of the above?

I’m gonna go with “B” myself. I enjoy football and I love the Super Bowl Sunday tradition, but I’m more interested in creating a Game Day Menu than anything else.

Here’s a unique, easy twist on the classic BLT that’s perfect for Game Day:  BLT Wraps.

The How To:
Spread half a tortilla with sundried tomato mayonnaise.

Sprinkle with lettuce and cooked/chopped bacon.

Roll up tightly, careful to keep the fillings inside.

Grab a couple of large-sized picks. Cut the wrap in half on the diagonal & secure each half w/ a pick.

This recipe makes 16 halves- perfect for a big bash.

Here’s a sexy close-up of what you get to eat:

I’ll admit, I could sit down and eat quite a few of these.  That creamy, sundried tomato mayonnaise mixed with the bacon and lettuce is really quite delicious.  There are ways to lighten-up this recipe if you’re concerned about that… use whole grain or fat-free tortillas, light mayo, and turkey bacon. Regardless of how you prepare it, it’s going to be a welcome addition to a Super Bowl menu.

Preparing ahead… since tortillas tend to be fairly sturdy, making these the morning of your party is perfectly fine.  Assemble them and stack them on a tray, wrap the tray well with plastic wrap, and take them out when they’re ready to be eaten.

The complete recipe can be printed out here:  BLT Wraps

23 Responses to “Super Bowl Recipes: BLT Wraps”

Marla — February 4, 2010 @ 4:34 AM

These wraps are so simple, clean and fabulous! Perfect for party day or anyday! Let’s see I will straddle Quiz answers B, C & D. I love food, I will be on my computer, and I will be doing some kind of exercise during game time!

Eliza — February 4, 2010 @ 5:48 AM

A..I love football haha. although it could be B because often the football in superbowl games isnt that great. boo. but anyway the wraps look good! ahh so many superbowl snacks iw want to try! its going to be hard to choose =)

Katie — February 4, 2010 @ 5:56 AM

These look yummy. I could care less about the game but adore football food!!!

Hooray for snacks!!

Nanny — February 4, 2010 @ 5:57 AM

I want a plate of those right now!! I am going to make these for sure!!! Thanks for this one!

Megan — February 4, 2010 @ 6:45 AM

These look delicious! My friend makes a bacon dip that I love, and these wraps totally remind me of that!

I definitely care more about the food associated with the game. But I’ll pay a little attention to the game because my boyfriend loves watching football (every sport for that matter).

Jamie — February 4, 2010 @ 8:17 AM

Those wraps look wonderful. If there is bacon, I am game :) My grandma makes something similar, she tosses the BLT with a little mayo and puts into phyllo cups or Tostitos scoops chips. That way you have a wonderful bite sized serving.

For the record I am always more interested in the food than the game. Any excuse to make cut little food :)

Renee — February 4, 2010 @ 8:24 AM

What a wonderful idea! Those look so tasty and so easy. Thanks for posting. I will definitely be making those. I’ll bet some avocado would be good on those too. And Chicken but then it would be a completely different sandwich. Love the original idea though.
    Renee of Kudos Kookies

Sarah Olson — February 4, 2010 @ 9:18 AM

Very nice! You can never go wrong with bacon and mayo.

patsy — February 4, 2010 @ 9:53 AM

I would love to nibble on those during the big game! They look perfect!

Katie @ goodLife {eats} — February 4, 2010 @ 10:21 AM

I am hungry now! Too bad I don’t have any lettuce, or I’d make this for lunch because I have everything else.

JudyP — February 4, 2010 @ 12:47 PM

All of the above is Yes!
    Great wraps!

Diane createdbydiane — February 4, 2010 @ 1:04 PM

I love bacon! Great wrap.

Lonnie — February 4, 2010 @ 1:05 PM

Yummy! Thank you for the recipe I am going to have to share this with my superbowl friends.

Nice!

Lonnie

Tiffany Rosenberger — February 4, 2010 @ 3:10 PM

Looks SO delicious…

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer — February 4, 2010 @ 4:00 PM

That is one DAMN fine looking wrap!!

nina — February 4, 2010 @ 7:19 PM

Thanks for the tip of making them ahead of time…..I like a soft wrap and making them in advance and covering them with clingfilm will surely have that result!!!

Girl Japan — February 4, 2010 @ 7:52 PM

OH gosh these look GREAT….. I am planning on buying some whole wheat wraps… gosh this looks so good….

bridget {bake at 350 — February 4, 2010 @ 7:54 PM

Great idea….thanks! This would be a nice quick lunch, too. I see it in my future very soon!

Sean — February 4, 2010 @ 10:09 PM

I’ll be watching the game, but hopefully there’s some good food where I’m going too.

SinfulSouthernSweets — February 5, 2010 @ 2:34 AM

Definately B! The food is what its all about. I just love cooking up a bunch of different snack foods.
    Great Recipe!!

megan — February 5, 2010 @ 6:40 AM

These might be perfect for Supperbowl but I’m thinking they would be perfect for my daughters lunch. Easy to transport and she loves BLTs.

Carla Wells — February 5, 2010 @ 12:26 PM

I’m in the B) section…I could care less about the game, but I will enjoy the food and friends.
    I actually made something very similar to this the other day for my lunch! BLT”s are my favorite sandwich and since starting WW, I had to find a healthier way to still enjoy them, and the BLT wrap is IT!

ButterYum — February 5, 2010 @ 5:25 PM

Ooo… I am so going to make these wraps!