Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

Here’s another edition of … Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See! >>

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe 600
Here’s what I shared on Parade Magazine‘s food blog this week:  EASIEST PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE RECIPE EVER.  It’s seriously so easy with just 4 ingredients and no candy thermometer needed.

Eat Cake for Breakfast Mug

I came across this mug as I was obsessively doing my online holiday shopping last weekend:  EAT CAKE FOR BREAKFAST- a mug by Kate Spade.  Isn’t it adorable?  It’s $20 at Macy’s.

Frozen Cranberries
I love this idea from the blog Waiting on Martha:  Use skewers of frozen cranberries to keep your drinks cold- wonderful for the holidays and so pretty!

Cinnamon Whiskey

I just bought some of this, and I can’t wait to experiment with it:  it’s Cinnamon Whiskey.  Am I crazy??  I don’t even like whiskey… AT ALL!  But my neighbor was over the other night- he met a biker chick on an airplane who waxed poetic about all of the fabulous drinks you can make with Cinnamon Whiskey.  I was intrigued, so I’ll check it out and let you know!  Have you tried it yet?

Red Disk Red Disk

Are you looking for a holiday gift idea for a kiddo 8+ years old?  Get rid of the idea of getting something electronic (there’s too much of that these days) and get them a snow disk!  I spotted this on LL Bean- it’s a STEEL SNOW DISK (not plastic), and they’ll get tons of fun out of it if you live in snow country.  It can withstand weight up to 200 pounds too.  Oh, and the fun part… they’ll get to open a giant gift!  $39.95 at LL Bean.  10% off, but looks like that’s only for today.

Christmas Recipes

Here are some fun holiday food ideas to share! >>
SANTA HAT MINI CHEESECAKES (Baked by Rachel).  Aren’t they adorable???
CANDY CANE COFFEE CAKE- I made these years ago for a holiday brunch and they were a big hit- and delicious too w/ a raspberry filling
CHRISTMAS VANILLA CAKE ROLL (Roxana’s Home Baking)- Such a festive dessert!
MELTING SNOWMAN OREO COOKIE BALLS (Cookies & Cups)- these are pretty sweet too!

Blogs to Follow 2

Here are 4 blogs you should be following:
THE RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER- written by Sandy (Oregon):  follow this fabulous blog for creative and affordable entertaining tips, hospitality ideas and recipes too!
TIDYMOM- written by Cheryl (Missouri): this blog is all about easy recipes, household tips, crafts and products that help ease the chaos of everyday life.
A SPICY PERSPECTIVE- written by Sommer (North Carolina): I feel like this blog is a lot like mine- lots of family-friendly dishes and just good food!
THE LEMON BOWL- written by Liz (Michigan): You’ll find healthier choices on this blog- delicious food… made healthier.

advent calendar

This is such a cute idea (originally shared by my friend Kristen from the Dine and Dish blog):  a Random Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar.  Just sign up for their email list, and they’ll send you a daily email in December sharing a random act of kindness (giving).  I think this would be great to do with your kids.  The random acts are things like calling an old friend to say hello or writing a thank-you note to your mailman.  Easy and sweet.

And finally… here’s a funny clip from Jimmy Fallon. I really think he’s hysterical. Enjoy!

Until next week, my friends… enjoy your holidaying!

24 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

shelly (cookies and cups) — December 3, 2013 @ 9:58 AM

Such a fun list! I need to make that Vanilla Roll Cake…
    Thanks for the link up!

Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat — December 3, 2013 @ 10:07 AM

Oh boy I’m all too familiar with Fireball! It’s tasty mixed with Bailey’s in cocktails- enjoy!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — December 3, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

Wow Lori – such an honor to be featured!! You are too sweet and you have officially made my day (week!?) Thank you my friend! xo

Brenda — December 3, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

We had Fireball for the first time on Thanksgiving. They were doing shots. The bottle did not last long. LOL Can’t wait to see some recipes.
    A friend has been doing an after dinner Black Velvet Toasted Caramel.
    I am hooked on the flavored Kahluas. Cinnamon Spice is better than the Gingerbread.

I don’t really drink THAT much. American Express Small Business Saturday was at the local liquor store. LOL

misskrys — December 3, 2013 @ 11:47 AM

love Fireball – straight up or mixed with a bit of pepsi. its been my go to drink for the past few months.

Lil C — December 3, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

Tried Fireball whiskey for the first time this Thanksgiving. My brother brought over a bottle. I don’t like whiskey but this is sure tasty! It tastes like those little atomic fireball candies. I didn’t try it with Bailey’s as one person commented but I think that would be tasty. Can’t wait to see if you post recipes.

Kim P — December 3, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

Be careful with that Fireball – it’s deadly when consumed in shots!

Grace Deacy — December 3, 2013 @ 1:08 PM

Fireball whiskey with equal part rum chata. Soooo delicious.

Mary Thoresen — December 3, 2013 @ 1:38 PM

Try Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider with the Fireball whiskey. Delicious!

Lin — December 3, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

I have tried the cinnamon whiskey mixed with Red’s Apple Beer! Kind of like drinking a cinnamon candied apple! It was amazing!!! I highly recommend it. :)

dc — December 3, 2013 @ 1:47 PM

Love the mini santas and the melted snowman. Cinnamon whiskey….be still my heart! As for the pb fudge….I will not leave Alton Brown’s microwave version….but this looks excellent!

Angela — December 3, 2013 @ 2:25 PM

Thanks for the shout out Lori!!……I saw that video earlier today, so funny!!
    Can’t wait to see what you come up with that Whiskey!

TobyD — December 3, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

Hi! Funny thing, I am getting my boss a bottle of Fireball for Christmas (kind of an inside joke) so I cannot wait to see if you post any fun drink combinations!

Stephanie @ PlainChicken — December 3, 2013 @ 2:32 PM

We just tried Fireball too. We were in Vegas for Thanksgiving and the bartender gave us a taste. It is good! I’m going to buy a bottle this week.

peabody — December 3, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

I can’t believe you have never had Fireball before? Wow. It’s great in hard cider.

Daria Hezel — December 3, 2013 @ 3:07 PM

My husband likes to put a shot of Fireball in his glass of Hard Cider.

Liz @ Virtually Homemade — December 3, 2013 @ 5:30 PM

I love the frozen cranberries!

Tieghan — December 3, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

That fudge!! Holy yum!! I could eat that all December and be so happy! :)

Love the links this week and all the holiday treats! So fun!

Heather — December 3, 2013 @ 7:41 PM

I first tried cinnamon whiskey while visiting a brewery and man is it good!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 4, 2013 @ 7:19 AM

I’m still totally obsessed with that mug. I might have to fill it with cake instead of a hot drink though ;) And thanks so much for sharing my cheesecakes! :)

Allie S — December 4, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

That mug is a total must-have. Awesome gift suggestion!

I had never had Fireball before I moved to Alabama, but it’s a staple here. The mindset here is that a weekend without Fireball can hardly even count as a weekend.
    It’s delicious served straight up, as long as it’s icy cold. I hate whiskey, but trust me. The cinnamon-y-ness is so warming.

chacha — December 5, 2013 @ 2:00 AM

Hi There well I made the P.B. Fudge and used coconut milk I also added some homemade granola and it came out gritty and soft. Dont know why????? But I did make some Peanut Butter cupcakes and took out the centers and added a sq. pc. of the fudge and put the tops back on and they were great that way. Ill see what friends think of it on Friday. I will make the fudge again using regl. milk and no granola and see if that works. Maybe coconut cream would be better???????????????

Lori Lange — December 5, 2013 @ 6:04 AM

Hmmm! I did not make it with the coconut milk, but it was suggested by the author. Was is light coconut milk? I’m not sure… but I’m glad you found a use for it in the cupcakes!

Lucky Juleee! :) — December 10, 2013 @ 3:30 PM

We love Fireball mixed with cider — hot or cold. We call them Bonfires. Yummy!