Fantasy Fudge is a recipe that originally appeared on the back of a jar of Marshmallow Creme. This is an easy microwave version of that same recipe.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-make, creamy and delicious chocolate fudge recipe, then this is the recipe to try. Follow the directions for making this in your microwave, and you will have perfect fudge in a matter of minutes. There are instructions for making this on the stove included in the recipe too. This fudge is so wonderful that it made my list of the 25 Best Fudge Recipes. Chocolate fudge is the best chocolate candy!
- salted butter
- granulated white sugar
- evaporated milk
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- jar of marshmallow creme
- vanilla extract
How to make Fantasy Fudge:
It’s so easy to make fantasy fudge. The complete, printable instructions are at the end of this post. Fudge always turns out best if you use a candy thermometer, so be sure to have one on hand before you begin. You will also need a glass bowl.
- Microwave butter until it has melted. Then whisk in sugar and milk. Microwave this mixture on high for 3 minutes; stir, and then microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Mix again, and microwave for an additional 3 minutes. Now measure the temperature. You’re looking for the mixture to be 234 degrees. Microwave 1 to 2 minutes more (until that temperature has been reached).
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir vigorously until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Keep stirring until you no longer see any white streaks.
- The mixture should be creamy and smooth!
Spray a 9×9-inch square pan with nonstick spray. Scrape the fantasy fudge into the pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula to make it even.
Give the fudge about an hour to cool and solidify. Then it’s time to cut it into pieces. Here you see the fudge cut into 16 pieces. These are pretty large pieces of fudge. Since fudge is so rich, it’s okay to cut them into smaller pieces. You can cut it into 36 pieces, if you’d like.
Can you make Fantasy Fudge on the stove?
Yes! Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt. saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until a candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly. This should take around 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in the chocolate until melted. Then mix in the marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Scrape into a pan and cut in the same manner as the microwave version.
Fantasy fudge is a wonderful recipe for gifting. Store it in covered containers, and it will keep for about a week at room temperature. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) salted butter
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- One 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large glass bowl, microwave the butter until it has melted. Add the sugar and milk; whisk together well.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir, then microwave on high 2 minutes more.
- Mix well; scraping the sides of the bowl. Microwave on high for 3 more minutes, then stir and measure temp. You're looking for it to reach 234 degrees F. Microwave for 1 to 2 more minutes until 234 degrees is reached.
- Remove from the microwave and add the chocolate chips. Stir vigorously until melted and smooth. Add the marshmallow creme and the vanilla extract; mix well until you no longer see any white streaks. Pour into a greased 9-inch square pan, or 13x9-inch baking pan (depending on how thick you would like your fudge)- I used 9x9-inch for the photo.
- Cool completely at room temperature. Cut into squares.
- *If you are a nut-family, by all means add in 1 cup chopped walnuts!
- *Keep fudge in a covered container. It should keep for a week or two when stored well.
- *This recipe is gluten-free adaptable. Just be sure to use a brand of chocolate chips that is known to be GF.
- *To make this fudge on the stove instead: Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt. saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until a candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly. This should take around 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in the chocolate until melted. Then mix in the marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Scrape into a pan and cut in the same manner as the microwave version.