One of my all-time favorite easy side dishes: Sauteed Tomatoes with Thyme
If you have access to some fresh pear or cherry tomatoes this summer- either from the Farmer’s Market or your own garden- you need to make this simple side dish. When tomatoes are sauteed, they sweeten up perfectly… and when you add simple herbs, they’re so delicious!!
Serve this as a side dish to grilled meats or fish. You’ll be so happy you did!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Sauteed Tomatoes with Thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pint red pear/cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow pear/cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and thyme to the skillet. Cook, shaking the skillet occasionally, until the tomatoes are slightly blistered and shiny- about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley on top, if desired.
- Nutritional information per serving (1 cup per serving): Calories: 38, Fat: 2g, Sat Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0g, Sodium: 170mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Sugar: 3g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 1g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 0, PointsPlus: 1, Old Program: 1
Here are a few more recipes using tomatoes that you might enjoy:
- Grilled Tomatoes by Simply Recipes
- Slow Roasted Plum Tomatoes by RecipeGirl
- Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips by Sugar Free Mom
- Baked Tomatoes with Goat Cheese by RecipeGirl