Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas are a wonderful, crispy snack cooked simply in the air fryer until they are crispy.
I’m always up for making a healthy snack. I make marinated chickpeas often, and it’s always nice to have a recipe on hand for spicy edamame too. If you have an air fryer, then you should definitely consider making some air fryer chickpeas for your next healthy snack. They are super simple to make, and there is a very short list of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- canned chickpeas
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
- turmeric powder
The best Air Fryer brands:
The Taotronics Air Fryer is pretty all-around amazing. It has a nonstick basket, so it’s easy cleaning. And it’s big enough to cook meals for 2 to 4 people. The Milin Air Fryer is a close second favorite. Also, my friend Gina’s Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook has great recipes in it, and it’s a best-seller!
Line your air fryer’s basket with foil (easy clean-up), and pre-heat it to 400 degree F.
Pour canned chickpeas in a bowl and toss them with olive oil. Then sprinkle in the spices and toss until everything is well combined.
15 minutes in the air fryer, and the chickpeas should be done. You’ll want to stir them a couple of times while air frying. Keep an eye on them since all air fryers heat a little differently.
After 15 minutes, pull them out and give them a taste. They should have a nice crunch to them. If they aren’t quite crisp enough, give them a couple more minutes in the air fryer until they have a nice, crispy texture.
Remove the crispy air fryer chickpeas to a parchment-lined bowl to cool down. Serve them while warm, and they will be fabulous.
These crispy chickpeas will be best when served the same day. If you want to keep them for a few days, store them in a covered container, and you can enjoy snacking on them all week.
Add crispy air fryer chickpeas to salads. The added crunch is really great in a salad! Alternately, try my Spinach and Arugula Salad with Indian Spiced Chickpeas.
Try something new and make crispy chickpeas in the air fryer- you’ll be glad you did. They turn out much more crispy (and better) than if you try making them in the oven. And if you enjoy making things in your air fryer, you might like to try making Air Fryer Egg Rolls or Air Fryer French Fries too. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Chickpeas
- 1½ cups canned chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Line your air fryer basket with aluminum foil to make for easy clean-up.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, add the chickpeas, olive oil and all spices. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the chickpeas to the prepared air fryer basket. Air fry for 15 minutes, shaking a couple of times while cooking. Keep an eye on things since all air fryers cook differently. Check the chickpeas at 15 minutes and remove them if they are crisp. If not, air fry for another couple of minutes.
- Serve immediately, while warm. If you try to store them for an extended period of time, they'll begin to lose their crispiness.