Cinnamon Glazed Almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces (about 1½ cups) blanched whole almonds
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; grease foil. Set aside
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, allspice, salt and cayenne; set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine almonds, sugar and butter. Cook, stirring, over medium heat about 10 minutes, or until sugar melts and turns a rich brown color. Remove from heat and immediately stir in spice mixture. Quickly spread almonds on prepared pan. Let cool completely, then break into small clusters.