Just like the name implies, Three Apple Applesauce uses three varieties of apples to make a delicious, homemade favorite.
This is a super easy to make an applesauce recipe that is done entirely in the microwave. If you’re not into using your microwave, you can always do it in a pan on the stovetop instead. But seriously, the microwave is all you need to make this delicious treat using fresh apples.
- Golden Delicious apples
- Granny Smith apples
- Fuji apples
- white sugar
How to make Three Apple Applesauce:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The result is a chunky, delicious applesauce. Since you’ll be in charge of mashing the apples, you can mash them as much as you want. So it can be a super chunky applesauce or just mildly chunky. If you’re a lover of cinnamon in applesauce, you can stir in a little ground cinnamon too.
The key to the success of this applesauce recipe is using three varieties of apples. Fuji apples are very sweet, juicy apples. Golden Delicious apples are another variety of sweet apple. And Granny Smith are tart and juicy. The combination of all of these flavors is wonderful!
Three Apple Applesauce should be eaten within a few days.
This recipe can be made ahead. Just prepare it as directed, and keep it covered and refrigerated for up to two days.
The Best Apple Recipes:
- Apple Pie Pancakes
- Chicken with Apples and Cider
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- Crockpot Apple Butter
- Maple Pecan Apple Stuffed Brie
Super healthy, you’ll want to use the link to the WW Points on the recipe card below, if you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan.
Three Apple Applesauce
- 2 medium (about 14 ounces) Golden Delicious apples
- 2 medium (about 14 ounces) Granny Smith apples
- 2 medium (about 14 ounces) Fuji apples
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ground cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- Peel, core and thinly slice all apples.
- Place the apples in large microwave-safe bowl. Add water to bowl. Cover with a microwave-safe lid (or lay a paper towel over the top), and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir the apples. Continue to microwave, uncovered, until apples are very tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Using a large fork, coarsely mash the apples. Mix in the sugar. The applesauce should be eaten within a few days.
- This recipe can be prepared 2 days ahead. Just cover tightly and refrigerate.