This tender and wonderful Apple Bundt Cake is topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting.
This fall cake recipe is a fabulous dessert to make for parties and holiday celebrations or “just because.” I love a good bundt cake recipe because it’s never anything fancy. You don’t have to be an experienced cake baker to make a bundt. It’s baked in the pan and topped with frosting. It’s hard to mess up baking this apple bundt cake!
How to make an Apple Bundt Cake:
Combine the cake batter ingredients. It has shredded apples mixed in to it. The best variety of apple to use for this apple bundt cake is one that is a sweet-tart variety. I suggest Pink Lady, Braeburn, McIntosh or Jonathon apples. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray, or rub with butter and dust with flour. Add the cake batter to the pan, tap it on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles and bake for about one hour.
Once the cake has cooled completely, pop it out of the pan and onto a rack. Slide a piece of wax paper or parchment paper under the rack. Mix the icing ingredients together, and drizzle or spread the icing on top.
Slice and serve! Store leftovers in the fridge. It’s easiest to store if you have a handy dandy bundt cake keeper!
If you are a fan of bundt cakes, you might also like to try these:
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake
- Rainbow Bundt Cake
- Funfetti Bundt Cake
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- Raspberry Lemonade Bundt Cake
Apple Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 2 large) peeled, cored and shredded sweet-tart apples
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ to 2 teaspoons milk (add more or less to reach the right consistency)
PREPARE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a bundt cake pan (or spray with baking spray).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, and eggs.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry (being careful not to over-mix), and then fold in the shredded apple.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Tap the pan a couple times on the countertop to get rid of any bubbles. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour (start testing at about 50 minutes). Cool completely.
MAKE THE ICING:
- Once the cake has cooled, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl and use a handheld electric mixer to beat until combined. Beat in enough milk ½ teaspoon at a time so it reaches your desired consistency. It should be thick, somewhere between buttercream and a pourable glaze.
- Run a paring knife between the cake and the inside of the pan to help loosen it. Turn the cake out onto a cake plate. Drizzle the icing decoratively on top.