Applesauce Oatmeal Bread is a delicious and easy quick-loaf recipe.
When yeast is hard to find… or when you’re just wanting to whip up a delicious and quick-to-make bread recipe, try this Applesauce Oatmeal Bread.
Ingredients needed for Applesauce Oatmeal Bread:
- white sugar
- canola or vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour + whole wheat flour
- baking powder and baking soda
- cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg
- walnuts (optional)
Yes, you can use all-purpose flour for the whole recipe, if you’d like. And you can use quick oats if that’s all you have. Don’t have unsweetened applesauce? That’s okay too. Little changes like this should be just fine.
All ingredients are combined, and this bread is baked for about 45 minutes.
It turns out beautiful! I think you’ll probably want to eat the bread the same day it’s made, but you should also know that it freezes well if you want to save it for later.
How to freeze bread:
Let the bread cool, and then wrap it in foil. Drop the foil-wrapped bread in a large freezer zip baggie and store in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
It slices nicely. Tip: I like to slice it up fully and place each slice in a little zip baggie and keep them in the freezer. When someone wants a slice of bread, they can just grab a baggie and let it defrost on the counter. This helps with the problem of the whole loaf being devoured in a single day because everyone keeps slicing it and eating it!
Please note that this bread does not bake up super tall like some quick bread recipes you’ve probably tried. That doesn’t mean anything except that it’s something to be aware of. It’s a delicious bread. Every day is bread baking day, so get in the kitchen and bake this Applesauce Oatmeal Bread. Enjoy!
Here are a few more bread recipes you might like to try:
- Mom’s Banana Nut Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Lemon Poppyseed Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
- Banana Blueberry Bread
- Cherry and Almond Quick Bread
- Pear Bread
Applesauce Oatmeal Bread
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white or regular whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and soda, and spices, and add them to the wet ingredients in the bowl. Mix in the oats, applesauce and walnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke it into the middle of the bread. Remove the bread from the oven, and cool completely.