This recipe for Asiago Cheese Dip comes from the Rock Bottom Brewery restaurant!
Rock Bottom Brewery's Asiago Cheese Dip
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (dried, not in oil)
- hot water for soaking
- 1½ cups Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low fat is fine)
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- Soften sun-dried tomatoes in hot water, drain and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Scrape the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish and carefully warm through in a microwave oven for about 30 to 60 seconds (or until the mixture is about 140°F.) Stir.
- Serve with pita bread or beer bread (sliced and toasted), or with tortilla chips.
- If preferred, the mixture may also be warmed in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes, until desired temperature.
- If preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of mayo that is known to be GF.