This recipe for Asian Barbecue Chicken is not only very tasty, but it’s easy to prepare early in the day for cooking later.
If you’re looking for a new recipe with a great marinade to add to your chicken, this is it! This Asian barbecue chicken packs a punch in the flavor department, giving life to ordinary chicken. Use chicken thighs or chicken breasts for this recipe. Grilling this chicken is great because you can use the marinade for basting while cooking. But you can certainly pan fry it or even bake it in the oven too.
- brown sugar
- low sodium soy sauce
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- crushed red pepper
- curry powder
- chicken thighs
- lime wedges
- green onion
How to make Asian Barbecue Chicken:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Garnish with lime wedges and green onions, if desired. A squeeze of lime onto this grilled Asian barbecue chicken gives it a wonderful tangy flavor. Don’t skip it! For a great meal, serve with sesame noodles. Enjoy!
Sometimes I skip the grill, use boneless chicken thighs and cook the chicken in a skillet. I serve it over rice one night and then cut it up into a delicious stir-fry the next. This flavorful chicken is also excellent added to salad!
The Best Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken with Mushroom Madeira Sauce
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- Garlic Butter Chicken
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken
Asian Barbecue Chicken
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Eight 6-ounce bone-in chicken thighs (skin on or off- your choice!)
- lime wedges
- chopped green onions
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip baggie and add the chicken. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Pre heat your grill.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade. Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- Place the chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 20 minutes or until done, turning and basting frequently with the marinade. Garnish with lime wedges and green onions, if desired.
- If you are preparing this as a gluten free recipe, be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is designated as GF.
- It's ok to substitute chicken breasts for the chicken thighs.
I used it with bone in legs and thighs. Wonderful! Longer cooking time, and the high sugar content means you have to watch for burning, but if you sear on hot part of grill then move to indirect heat to finish, it’s terrific. Big hit with my Filipino friends 🙂
can you use bone in chicken thigh, drumsticks, and breasts?
You can try!
This was so easy and good, even if I used chilli power and paprika . My family loved it, thank you!!
This is YUMMY. I pures on precooked chicken and let it set for a few hrs and the cooked in toaster oven for 10 min. Yum yum and served with millet everyone loved it
Everyone at my house loved this! I used breasts because I couldn’t find boneless skinless thighs (don’t you love small town cooking?), but it was great!
This was delicious – thanks!! We grilled sweet corn and potatoes to go with it. Yum!