This recipe for Asian Barbecue Chicken is not only very tasty, but easy to prepare early in the day for cooking later. I cook the chicken in a saucepan and serve it over rice one night and then cut it up into a delicious stir-fry the next.
Asian Barbecue Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 6-ounce chicken thighs, skinned
- lime wedges
- chopped green onions
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip baggie; add the chicken. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Pre- heat grill.
- Remove chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade. Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- Place the chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 20 minutes or until done, turning and basting frequently with the marinade. Garnish with lime wedges and green onions, if desired.
- If you are preparing this as a gluten free recipe, be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is designated as GF.
- It's ok to substitute chicken breasts for the chicken thighs.
- For a great meal, serve with roasted sesame asparagus and a sesame-noodle salad.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 2 thighs): Calories: 297, Fat: 7.7g, Saturated Fat: 1.39g, Sugar: 13.59g, Fiber: .4g, Protein: 28g, Cholesterol: 161mg, Carbohydrates: 16g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 9, PointsPlus: 6, Old Points Program: 5