This recipe for Asian Barbecue Chicken is not only very tasty, but it’s easy to prepare early in the day for cooking later.
If you’re looking for a new recipe with a great marinade to add to your chicken, this is it! This Asian barbecue chicken packs a punch in the flavor department, giving life to ordinary chicken. Use chicken thighs or chicken breasts for this recipe. Grilling this chicken is great because you can use the marinade for basting while cooking. But you can certainly pan fry it or even bake it in the oven too.
- brown sugar
- low sodium soy sauce
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- crushed red pepper
- curry powder
- chicken thighs
- lime wedges
- green onion
How to make Asian Barbecue Chicken:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Garnish with lime wedges and green onions, if desired. A squeeze of lime onto this grilled Asian barbecue chicken gives it a wonderful tangy flavor. Don’t skip it! For a great meal, serve with sesame noodles. Enjoy!
Sometimes I skip the grill, use boneless chicken thighs and cook the chicken in a skillet. I serve it over rice one night and then cut it up into a delicious stir-fry the next. This flavorful chicken is also excellent added to salad!
The Best Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken with Mushroom Madeira Sauce
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- Garlic Butter Chicken
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken
Asian Barbecue Chicken
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Eight 6-ounce bone-in chicken thighs (skin on or off- your choice!)
- lime wedges
- chopped green onions
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip baggie and add the chicken. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Pre heat your grill.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade. Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- Place the chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 20 minutes or until done, turning and basting frequently with the marinade. Garnish with lime wedges and green onions, if desired.
- If you are preparing this as a gluten free recipe, be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is designated as GF.
- It's ok to substitute chicken breasts for the chicken thighs.