Another easy, delicious recipe using fresh salmon: Asian Salmon Steaks
Asian Salmon Steaks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- minced cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Combine first five ingredients in a jar or bowl (w/ a lid); cover & shake well. Place salmon steaks/fillets in a glass dish. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon marinade over each steak. Refrigerate 10 to 30 minutes.
- To cook, remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade from dish. Place salmon on a lightly greased grill. Brush fish with some of the remaining marinade. Grill until fish is flaky to touch, turning once and basting (10 to 15 minutes total cooking time). If you would prefer to bake it in the oven, go with 375 degrees F. for about 20 minutes- or until the salmon is cooked through (you can bake it sitting in the marinade, and then spoon the marinade over the top to serve).
- Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired.
- If you are preparing this as a gluten-free recipe, be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is designated as GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving (serving size: One 6-ounce filet) Calories 314, Fat 14.5g, Saturated Fat 2.55g, Sugar 4.75g, Fiber .20g, Protein 37g, Cholesterol 105.5mg, Carbohydrates 7g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: Freestyle SmartPoints: 2, SmartPoints: 9, PointsPlus: 8, Old Points Program: 7.5