This Asian Vegetable Stir Fry recipe is packed with vegetables like broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper and cabbage. The veggies are stir fried with a simple Asian-style sauce.
We absolutely love this dish when we’re looking for something light and healthy for dinner. I serve it up with a little bit of grilled chicken for a complete meal.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Asian Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced into slivers
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 cup bok choy or Napa cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fat free chicken broth (Vegans- use Veg broth instead)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large skillet or wok, combine oil, water, broccoli, bell pepper, garlic and ginger. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute. Add carrots, mushrooms, cashews and cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce and cornstarch; add to vegetable mixture and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve alone or over rice or noodles.
- This may be a side dish or a main dish served over noodles.
- Reduce fat/calories by using less oil.
- If preparing this as a gluten free dish, be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is designated as GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (Serving size: 1/4 of the dish) Calories: 141, Fat per: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1.57g, Sugar: 3.84g, Fiber: 2.31g, Protein: 4.35g, Carbohydrates: 13.24g
- Weight Watcher POINTS per serving (divided into 4 servings): Freestyle SmartPoints: 4, Points Plus Program: 4, Old Points Program: 4