I love this recipe for Udon Noodles with Asian Vegetables because it’s a pasta dish (my favorite), and it’s full of fresh vegetables too. I feel like I’m getting a healthy meal all in one dish!
Udon Noodles and Asian Vegetables
Love this healthy recipe of noodles and vegetables tossed in a spicy peanut sauce.
Servings: 4 servings (2 cups per serving)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter (or regular)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons dark sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked udon noodles (thick, round fresh Japanese wheat noodles) or spaghetti
- 4 cups sliced bok choy (about 2 bunches)
- 2 cups snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Combine the first 10 ingredients (through garlic) in a small saucepan; stir with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 8 minutes and drain well. Combine the noodles, peanut sauce, bok choy, snow peas, and carrot in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- To prepare this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, sub in GF pasta for the Udon noodles- and make sure the following ingredients that you have in your pantry are designated as GF: soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.
- When cooking for kids, leave out what you know they'll be frowning upon and substitute their favorite veggies in there instead.
- Chile paste with garlic and udon noodles can be found with other ethnic foods in your local market or Asian market.
- The chili garlic sauce can be omitted if you prefer a not-so-spicy sauce.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 369kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 1138mg, Potassium: 513mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 9006IU, Vitamin C: 63mg, Calcium: 121mg, Iron: 2mg
Loved this! Couldn’t find the noodles so used the pasta suggested. I cooked my veggies a bit before adding and threw in a red bell pepper too. It was amazing! Thank you so much!!!
Loved this made it last night! I left the brown sugar out and it was sweet enough just with the peanut butter.
Sounds fabulous! I have been craving Asian a lot lately.
Wow these noodles look so scrumptious I cant resist!
Awesome recipe. I love the sauce, and really easy to make.