I love a good bean soup- here’s a good one: Bean and Chorizo Soup
If you’re unable to find chorizo that can be diced (generally a Spanish variety- y0u can find it at World Market), go ahead and use the Mexican chorizo and crumble it instead.
Bean and Chorizo Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage (about 2), cut into small dice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- One 15-ounce can great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 large potato, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add chorizo and onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth, water, beans, tomatoes (with juice), potato, carrot and oregano. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove the cover and simmer on high for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally. Serve immediately.