This Beer Poached Salmon is served with a delicious, creamy homemade tarragon mayonnaise, and is perfect for family dinners and guests alike.
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Beer Poached Salmon with Tarragon Mayonnaise
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 4 whole peppercorns
- Four 6-ounce (1-inch-thick) salmon fillets
MAKE THE TARRAGON MAYONNAISE:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
PREPARE THE SALMON:
- In a large skillet, combine all ingredients except salmon. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon fillets, cover, and gently simmer for 15 minutes or until the salmon is just done.
- Serve warm with a dollop of the tarragon mayonnaise.
- You may also refrigerate and serve cold.
- Alternately you may use mashed avocado in place of the mayonnaise. Add the spices to it. (This was a suggestion from a RecipeGirl reader!)