Blackberry Crisp is a delicious, summer dessert recipe.
When fresh berries are at their sweetest and ripest, it’s time to make dessert with berries. This is a perfectly delicious dessert to make in the summer. Blackberry crisp is so easy to make. You’ll have it whipped up and in the oven in about 15 minutes.
How to make Blackberry Crisp:
You will spread 4 cups of fresh blackberries into a 9×13-inch dish, and sprinkle them with lemon juice and sugar. Next comes the crisp. It’s a mix of flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. The crisp mix is sprinkled on top of the berries. It bakes for about 30 minutes.
Can crisp be made gluten-free?
Yes! Blackberry crisp is easy to make gluten-free. Use gluten-free oats and use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Fresh out of the oven, it’s even more beautiful and delicious when served while still warm with vanilla ice cream.
Here are a few more fruit crisp recipes you might enjoy:
- Apple Cranberry Crisp with Maple Whipped Cream
- Blueberry- Almond Crisp
- Irish Apple Crisp
- Blueberry Apple Crisp
- Peach- Pecan Crisp
- Strawberry Crisp
- Maple Ginger Pear Crisp
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 11x7-inch or 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread the blackberries in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the berries.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired!
- Nutritional information does not include ice cream.