Blueberry Salsa is a very fresh and summery salsa. It’s a nice change from the tomato version.
This is not a traditional salsa. But before you raise your eyebrows and refuse to entertain the idea of eating blueberry salsa, remember that different types of fruit salsa have been around for a long time. Peach salsa, mango salsa and pineapple salsa have always been favorites. But now it’s time to try blueberry salsa! It’s delicious!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, this salsa is perfect! You’ll find a link to WW Points on the recipe card below.
Ingredients needed for Blueberry Salsa:
- fresh blueberries
- lemon juice
- fresh cilantro
- red bell pepper
- kosher salt
It couldn’t be any easier to make blueberry salsa. Just combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Then toss and refrigerate until ready to serve.
There is no tomato in this salsa. It’s not needed. The blueberries are substituted for traditional tomatoes. Some of the blueberries in the recipe are chopped, and some of them are left whole. It’s best to use small or average-sized blueberries for this recipe. Lime juice is used in traditional salsa, but lemon juice is used in fruit salsa.
This is a great make-ahead recipe because it’s always nice to be able to allow the flavors to come together and blend. Some sitting time in the refrigerator will do that for you. Just assemble the salsa, wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator. I suggest making it and serving it the same day.
Serve this fresh blueberry salsa with your favorite tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes using fresh blueberries that you might like to try:
- Blueberry- Lemon Smoothies
- Blueberry- Zucchini Sheet Cake
- Lemon- Blueberry Streusel Bars
- Fresh Blueberry Dessert Bruschetta
- Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Blueberry Apple Crisp
- Raspberry Blueberry Pie
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (left whole)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium seeded and minced jalapeño peppers
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- In a large bowl, carefully combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Nutritional information includes one serving of salsa, but not the chips. Sorry!