Brussels Sprouts lovers will dig this Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple recipe. Perfectly roasted brussels sprouts are tossed with crispy bacon and apple in a simple dressing,
Here are a few more brussels sprouts recipes you might like to try:
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Hazelnuts
- Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon
- Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
- Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- Shredded Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple
- 3 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 cups brussels sprouts
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red apple, cored and cut into ¼-inch slices (then chopped)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, 10 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and toss in the apple. Return to the oven; roast until the brussels sprouts are browned and tender and the apple has softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables with vinegar, and serve immediately.
- This recipe is gluten-free adaptable. Be sure to use a brand of bacon that is known to be GF.
- Leave apple peels on for added color and nutrition.
- This recipe as written turns out brussels sprouts that are not super moist and tender (since they are roasted w/ no oil). You may wish to toss them in a little bit of oil or at least spray them with cooking spray before roasting if you'd like a different consistency. Add calories/fat, as needed.