Brussels Sprouts lovers will dig this Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple recipe. These are perfectly roasted brussels sprouts tossed with crispy bacon and apple in a simple dressing,
Brussels sprouts are a great side dish recipe! They’re the number one requested vegetable that my family asks me to make for dinner. There are so many different ways to prepare them, but we really love this simple recipe for brussels sprouts with bacon and apple.
How to trim brussels sprouts:
Slice off and discard the tough bottom end of each Brussels sprout, and pull off and discard any wilted or discolored leaves. Slice vertically to cut the brussels sprouts in half.
How to cook bacon in the oven:
Spread bacon on a rimmed baking sheet. It’s even easier to clean-up if you line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Bake at 425 degrees until browned (10 minutes).
How to make Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple:
- Lay the trimmed brussels sprouts evenly on the rimmed baking sheet (on top of the bacon). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped apple to the pan, and toss together.
- Roast again for 10 to 15 minutes, until the brussels sprouts have browned and the apple is soft.
Toss the roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and apple with red wine vinegar.
This recipe as written turns out brussels sprouts that are not super moist and tender (since they are roasted w/ no oil). They’re more of a crisp texture. You may wish to toss them in a little bit of oil or at least spray them with cooking spray before roasting if you’d like a different consistency. Enjoy!
Here are several more brussels sprouts recipes you might like to try:
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Hazelnuts
- Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon
- Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
- Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- Shredded Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple
- 3 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red apple, cored and cut into ¼-inch slices (then chopped)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, 10 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the apple and toss together. Return to the oven; roast until the brussels sprouts are browned and tender and the apple has softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables with vinegar, and serve immediately.
- This recipe is gluten-free adaptable. Be sure to use a brand of bacon that is known to be GF.
- Leave apple peels on for added color and nutrition.
- This recipe as written turns out brussels sprouts that are not super moist and tender (since they are roasted w/ no oil). You may wish to toss them in a little bit of oil or at least spray them with cooking spray before roasting if you'd like a different consistency. Add calories/fat, as needed.