Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups are a great, easy appetizer recipe to have on hand for football parties and cocktail parties.
Buffalo chicken dip is one of my favorite easy appetizers for a day of sports watching, but it can be kind of a messy serving situation. These wonton cups are great because they are self-contained and you can scale the recipe easily for however many people you need to serve.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups:
The recipe starts with the basics: cream cheese, buffalo, and chicken. You can use any chicken for this. Leftovers work fine, or blanch a chicken breast until cooked through, or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that up!
Fold in the grated cheddar cheese last and then stuff the filling into your wonton wrappers in a muffin tin. You can use either the square or round wonton wrappers. Personally I like the square ones because you end up with really crispy points on each cup.
Bake these guys at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes. Let them cool for a few minutes when they come out!
Add some fresh scallions and you are in business.
Make a few of these and your guests will love you. You’ll also have a super-easy cleanup after the game! What could be better?!
Here are a few more easy appetizer recipes you might enjoy:
- Roasted Kale Garlic Hummus
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Black Pepper Chicken Wings
- Blue Cheese Buffalo Bites
- Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- Buffalo Style Celery Sticks
Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 12 wonton wrappers
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce until evenly mixed. Then fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Place a wonton wrapper in each muffin tin cup then distribute the chicken mixture between the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove and let cool briefly before removing and serving. Garnish baked cups with fresh scallions.