These Caramel Pecan Bars with Chocolate Drizzle are a delicious lighter dessert treat recipe!
These are absolutely delicious. They’re a bit gooey, but they’re worth every finger lick!
These are ooey-gooey and fantastic- a thin crust with pure melted caramel drizzled on top. The funny thing is that I adapted these from a Weight Watcher’s recipe, and I thought they were the best dessert of a trio of desserts I presented at a party. I had several requests for this super simple recipe!
Yield: 16 servings (16 bars)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Caramel Pecan Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 30 individual soft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup pecans, sliced lengthwise in half
- 1 ounce chopped dark chocolate
- 1 ounce chopped white chocolate
- Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with enough foil to extend 2-inches over the sides; spray foil with nonstick spray.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Add flour, beating until it is blended and mixture is crumbly. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake until crust is lightly browned at the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare topping: combine caramels and milk in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes until the mixture is hot, stirring once halfway through the cooking time. Stir again until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour topping onto the hot crust and spread evenly, leaving a 1/4-inch border along the edge. Place pecans on top..
- Return the pan to the oven and bake just until the topping is bubbling in the center, about 12 minutes longer. Melt two chocolates separately in microwave and scoop into individual plastic zip baggies. Snip tiny corner of each zip bag and drizzle in a zigzag manner on top of the caramel topping. Cool completely on a rack.
- Using the foil overhang as handles, transfer to a cutting board. Gently peel away the foil and cut into 16 bars.
- White chocolate is sometimes tricky to melt. If yours isn't melted well, just add about 1/2 teaspoon shortening to the white chocolate and it should smooth it out and melt a little easier.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 bar) Calories: 171, Fat: 7.26g, Saturated Fat: 3.46g, Sugar: 17g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 2g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Carbohydrates: 25.38g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 8, Points Plus Program: 5, Old Points Program: 4