These crispy caramel pecan sticky bun cookies have a center filling reminiscent of a caramel pecan sticky bun.
Caramel Pecan Sticky Bun Cookies
These crispy cookies have a center filling reminiscent of a caramel pecan sticky bun.
Servings: 36 cookies (1 per serving)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 large egg white, slightly beaten
PREPARE THE FILLING:
- In small saucepan, combine the powdered sugar, ¼ cup butter, and 3 tablespoons corn syrup; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in the pecans. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes. (This can be done while the cookie dough chills.)
MAKE THE COOKIES:
- In large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat 1 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add ½ cup corn syrup and egg yolks; blend well. Stir in the flour; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap- refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Shape the dough into 1½-inch balls. Place them 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. Brush the tops of the partially baked cookies lightly with egg white. With a small spoon, carefully scoop about ¾ teaspoon of the filling into the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 6 to 9 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes and then remove the cookies from the baking sheets to fully cool.
- To toast pecans, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and place the pecans on a small baking sheet. 3 to 5 minutes in the oven should be enough to get them a little bit toasted. Much longer than that and they'll start to burn!
Serving: 1cookie, Calories: 138kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 69mg, Potassium: 22mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 213IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 7mg, Iron: 1mg
Just made these today, they came out great and taste amazing!