Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are the most delicious cookies for chocolate lovers!
These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are my favorite sort of cookies. Pudding cookies are the best. And these are supremely full of great chocolate flavor. Choose your favorite variety of chocolate chips to add to the cookie dough. Personally, I like to add milk chocolate chips to my cookies.
How to make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies:
These are your typical chocolate chip cookie recipe with added chocolate pudding and cocoa powder. What do those do to the cookie to make it more delicious? Well, pudding added to the mix gives the cookie the perfect texture. It isn’t super soft, and it isn’t crispy. And it delivers a good amount of chocolate to the cookie too.
Once the cookie dough is made, you’ll roll it into balls and place it on the baking sheet. I like to add a few more chocolate chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls so they will look pretty when they are baked.
Helpful cookie-baking equipment (my recommendations):
- cookie scoop: highly recommended for scooping out even measures of cookies, so they will all be similarly sized.
- baking sheets: if you don’t have half sheet pans for cookie baking, get them! You will use them all the time for making other things too.
- silpat mats: this one comes in a pack of two- great deal. These are re-usable mats for cookie baking. I’ve had mine for years!
- parchment paper: if you have the half-sheet pans, these pre-cut pieces of parchment paper are perfect. But I would recommend getting the silpat mats over the parchment… since those last forever.
- cookie spatula: set of two here is a good deal! I love having smaller spatulas like this for cookies and brownies.
- cooling racks: another set of two here- these are perfect.
Let your cookies cool, and then place them in a covered container. They’ll be delicious to eat at room temperature for a couple of days. If you would like to extend the life of these cookies, place them in a large freezer zip baggie or sealed container and store them in the freezer. Take them out of the freezer, as you’d like, to enjoy them one by one!
Grab a box of chocolate pudding next time you’re at the grocery store, and bake these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding cookies. You’ll be glad you did. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chocolate chip cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Malted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Sugar Doodle Cookies
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- One 3.4-ounce package chocolate instant pudding (the dry mix- not prepared!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional-- if you want the cookies extra chocolatey)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars until creamy. Mix in the pudding, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of the cookie dough and roll into balls. Place on the baking sheets 2-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and set in the middle. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.