Cranberry Almond Swirl Bread is one of the best quick bread loaf recipe to make during the fall season (my pumpkin bread recipe is number one though!!)
The best thing about this Cranberry Almond Swirl Bread is that it’s perfect for sharing. Cranberry and almond are delicious in this bread. That makes this the perfect bread for baking and bringing to neighbors during the holiday season. It also makes a nice hostess gift for fall parties!
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- salted butter
- granulated white sugar
- almond extract
- plain nonfat yogurt
- canned whole cranberry sauce
- chopped almonds
If you don’t want the almond flavor in this loaf, you can use vanilla extract and omit the nuts. Or you can use vanilla extract and add in chopped pecans or chopped walnuts instead of the almonds.
How to make Cranberry Almond Swirl Bread:
Sift together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, use a mixer to combine the butter, sugar, eggs and almond extract. Then stir in the flour mixture and yogurt to the butter mixture alternately.
Pour half of the batter into a loaf pan. Spoon half of the cranberry sauce and almonds on top of the batter in the pan. Pour the remaining batter on top. Then spoon the rest of the cranberry sauce and almonds on top. Use a knife to swirl the batter in the pan a bit.
Bake for about an hour. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean when the bread is cooked through. Let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
This cranberry almond swirl bread is heavy on the almond flavor and the cranberry sauce mixed in is such a good pairing. It’s a delicious fall treat!
How to store a quick-loaf bread:
Let it cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap. Then wrap in foil. Then drop the foil-wrapped bread in a large freezer zip baggie and place in the freezer. It should keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Alternately, you can cut the bread into slices and wrap and freeze in the same manner.
If you’re looking for more recipes to make with canned cranberry sauce, you may wish to try my cranberry sauce cake, this brie + apple and cranberry grilled cheese or these cranberry sauce muffins. It’s time to bake some Cranberry Almond Swirl Bread first. Enjoy!
Cranberry Almond Swirl Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- One 8-ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter, sugar and eggs. Add almond extract to the creamed mixture. Stir the flour mixture and yogurt alternately into the creamed mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour ½ of batter into prepared pan. Add ½ of the cranberry sauce and ½ of the almonds to the batter in the pan and swirl gently. Pour the remaining batter on top. Spoon the rest of the cranberry sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining almonds. Swirl a little bit into the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the bread for 15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.